It was a fun afternoon of Mixed Media

I had such a fun time teaching 5 ladies some Mixed Media techniques.  We worked on a canvas that fit on a  20" by 13" frame and applied layers of Gesso, paint and drywall compound.

It was amazing to see how everyone's projects turned out.  Everyone was different but all worthy of being hung in a special place. My piece was very similar colours to the first piece I did in February.  My husband came home in the middle of it and declared that they were exactly the same!  My response was "that's good" because they will be hung together.

First some "before" pictures.  It is always amazing to me how these canvases start and how they end up.  My biggest piece of advice is to "not give up on it".  It won't look like much until the end!

The first step is to lay down some black images on a piece of Gesso'd canvas.




 Now the ladies hard at work!






And finally the masterpieces!  Aren't they amazing!





Here's mine...

And to compare, here's the one I made in February.  "Yes, honey they are very much the same!"


I've had some requests for additional classes.  I have another canvas class scheduled for April 12th from 10am to 1:30pm.  You can click here to register.  Space is limited so register early!

Happy stamping and creating!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.