Happy Card Making Day!

Today is World Card Making Day!  Did you have a chance to get into your craft room and make some cards?  I did!  It's been a couple of weeks since I last got to play as I've been away for work and then had a friend visiting.  It definitely felt good to get back to being creative.

I did some preparation for some upcoming classes - check out my Mixed Media class on October 26th and my Christmas Stamp-a-Stack on October 26th.  I also got my cards finished (well almost finished - just waiting for ribbon to arrive in my Stampin' Up! order) for the swap that I participate in each month.
I thought I'd share some of the cards I received in September swap.  The theme was Halloween, Thanksgiving and Fall. 

Here's my card - did I mention that I love the new Circle and Label Thinlits?
I used the Truly Grateful Stampset for this card and stamped it in three colours - crushed curry, soft suede and Tangerine Tango that coordinate with the Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper.  I cut the edge off the Burlap Ribbon and then unraveled a few strands from each side which I then fastened to the front with a Vintage Brad.
For the inside I stamped "You" in the same colours as the wheat.













Here's some of the swaps I received using the same stamp set - so many different ways to use it!
Created by Mo Dickie
Created by Ellie Blake - I love how Ellie turned the Circle Thinlit on its side for this card
Created by Alison Solven
Happy Stamping!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.