It's raining outside, but it was warm inside

After about 6 months of trying to plan a stamping afternoon with friends, it finally happened today!  We've been talking about this for such a long time and for one reason or another it just didn't seem to happen.  This time we were determined to get together - not sure if it was the "threat" that I was going away and won't be back until May, but we did it!
Everyone had different projects to work on - sets of cards, Valentine's Cards, a gift favour for a birthday party.  I did some work on a digital album I am creating using My Digital Studio. 
I mentioned a card that I had created for my husband's birthday using the Triple Layer technique. I was sure I had shared it, but of course, couldn't find it on my blog.  I thought I'd share it today.
I love how this card turned out.  The layers are stamped together - I used "The Open Sea" stamp set.  Once I had mounted the individual layers on Early Espresso card stock, I ran them through the Big Shot using the Lattice Embossing Folder and then distressed the edges. 
My husband loved the card - in fact when I asked to have it back as a sample, he complained and want to keep it! That's always a good sign.

Thanks for stopping by...Happy stamping!
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.