Chalkboard Technique

The chalkboard technique is all the rage these days - you see it everywhere including on TV commercials.  Just yesterday I noticed a coffee commercial that was using chalkboard writing.  I have to do some playing to see if I can re-create using different colours of chalk.  Stay tuned!

I made this card for my god son's birthday.  I like how this turned out and I think it's masculine enough.  This is really an easy technique, but looks so effective.  I used include Whisper White Kraft Ink to stamp the images (from the ClockWorks stamp set and the Perfectly Penned stamp set) and then sprinkled white embossing powder over and heated.   To give it the dusty chalk appearance, use a sponge dauber and lightly sponge with Whisper White Kraft Ink.

A couple of tips:
  • Use an embossing buddy and wipe over the black card stock to remove static so the embossing powder doesn't stick where you don't want it to
  • Stamp one image at a time, sprinkle on white embossing powder, shake off the extra and then heat.  Then do the other images

It's all ready to go into the mail - a little early, but I'm getting ready to head out on and adventure to Singapore.  I'll be working on a contract there for about 2 months.  I'm leaving mid February and won't be back until late April or early May.  I'm getting so excited, but also have lots to get ready.  I will likely be blogging less than normal and will be focusing on My Digital Studio 2 while away. I can't take my craft room with me, but I will have my computer.  What a great opportunity to get some of my digital albums finished.  Stay tuned for some of the pictures of Singapore!

Thanks for stopping by..Happy Stamping
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.