Finally able to post some samples

It feels like a long time since I've posted some of my creations.  It has been so busy for me - I just returned from a whirl wind trip to Amsterdam, The Hague, Antwerp (well at least for a few hours) and Paris.  Even though the trip was work related, we still managed to have some fun.  Our first day in Amsterdam included cycling around the city - definitely fun and a great way to see the city, but a little scary at times.  There are so many bikes - I wasn't so afraid of being hit by a car, but of being hit by another bike. 

This is a picture of all of the bikes outside Amsterdam Centraal - the main train station.  Wow!










Enjoying a croquette - one of our many stops on the bikes. 








I created these cards for a stamping event I had in Regina a couple of weeks ago.  Finally got the pictures off of my camera.

 This card uses the new Core'dinations Paper which has a white centre.  I embossed the early espresso paper (Item 127848) and then sanded the texture to remove some of the top layer.  I also used the new Cherry Cobbler Tulle (Item 127841) - it's so easy to make a great looking bow with this ribbon

 For this card I used the triple stamping technique that is is popular.  You layer 3 pieces of card stock and stamp your images - I used the Evergreen stamp set (Item 127973).  It doesn't really matter if they aren't perfect - it doesn't show once you mount the 3 layers on card stock or in this case 1 of my layers is using the Glimmer Paper in Champagne (Item 127855).  This will definitely be one of the Christmas Cards I send out this year!  Sorry for the sneak peak!
The last card uses 2 of the stamping wheels - Snowflake Party (Item 127870) and Good Cheer (Item 127871).  I stamped with the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Pad (Item 126857).  It's a bit hard to see, but it adds a shimmer to the image.  The stampset on the base of the card is Snowflake Soiree (item 127925) and then white ribbon and rhinestones to finish off the card.




I'm holding a Christmas Card Class that will feature some of these cards on November 17th.  For more information and to register, you can click here.

Happy Stamping
Melva

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.