Starting the BC Day weekend early!

It's the long weekend in BC and my husband, puppy and I are off on our sail boat to Bowen Island.  I sure hope the weather will cooperate - we've had such a bad summer, weather-wise and have only been out on the boat once.

I'm taking advantage of a little "me" time before I go and work on some swaps for an "Every Card Swap". I'll share those when I've finished them.

I realized that I hadn't posted pictures of the swaps I did for Convention.  I signed up for an organized swap - "Swap in your Jammies at the Marriott" - which was so much fun.  We all met in the lobby after the Kickoff Party on Wednesday night and swapped and got to know each other.  This was my swap card...


This card is designed with my favorite stamp set - Fabulous Florets and uses the Top Note Die in the Big Shot.  I've stamp the images on the background paper as well as on the piece cut with the Top Note Die.  After it was stamped, I ran it through the Big Shot again using the Lattice Embossing Folder.  I love this technique!

I also designed two other cards for the general swaps during convention.  Swapping is so much fun and you get to see so many other ideas and techniques.  I always come home with a list of "techniques to try"!


Again I used the Fabulous Florets stamp set with a colour combination I love - Baja Breeze and Early Espresso.


For the third card, I used the Strength and Courage Stampset.

Enjoy the weekend and take some time for your self!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Stamping With Melva • Theme by Maira G.